Saturday, December 20, 2008

Fishbone at Recher Theatre, Baltimore









FROM DECEMBER 3, 2008

I was fortunate that Fishbone went out on tour right after I moved back to MD and I got to hang out at their Dec 3rd show at Recher Theatre in Towson.

I got there a bit early, so I went to the Rec Room and ordered a vodka soda. The drink was $2.25. Yes… TWO DOLLARS! I’m so used to paying $7 on average in LA for a drink that I tipped the bartender 50% and swore I was moving there.

Shortly after I finished my huge $2 drink we were whisked off by Joe Keyes, a long-time friend of the band, to his house outside of the city for a home-cooked meal which included a lot of veggie options, making me super happy. The guys were in NYC for Thanksgiving and hadn't had the tradition dinner until then. The guy pictured in the kitchen, Joe’s roommate, cooked the meal. I had never had pickled watermelon rinds before… shockingly delicious. Angelo recorded some vocals in the basement studio for one of Joe’s projects then we all rushed back to the theatre.

I missed the support bands, but heard from the band that they”re very good. Fishbone, as usual, was amazing. They are such an entertaining band, such talented musicians, and sweet, fun guys. And who can help but be a bit star struck around the amazing Rocky George (who has playing guitar with Fishbone for a few years now)?! Suicidal Tendencies is one of my absolute favorite bands of all times.

No comments: