Friday, October 3, 2008

Amon Amarth







I spent two nights rocking out at the Anaheim and Hollywood Amon Amarth shows. The first night was a last-minute surprise by a friend. I had actually never heard of them before. When she described them as "Swedish Viking Death Metal" I knew I was in for a treat. The crew was super cool and hooked me up for a photo pass for the second night.

Their current North American tour doesn't include many dates in the states, so I feel fortunate to have seen them twice. I had forgotten how much fun metal shows are to attend. They put on one hell of a show and I'll definitely be watching for them when they come around again.

One of the highlights for me was their beer horns. I love how the vocalist wears (and drinks) from his for the entire show. The horns are very intricately carved with the band logo and runes, and I was told they cost 400-500 pounds. I suggested plastic versions to sell at the merch booth. Perhaps we'll see those in the future. ; )

\m/ \m/

No comments: