Sunday, September 21, 2008

East of Eden Multi Gallery Exhibition

I attended East of Eden, a 3 day, multi-gallery exhibition featuring emerging and established artists of the Los Angeles East contemporary art scene. The artwork was amazing. I have some favorites:

The following 5 images are from the PALM SERIES by Elizabeth Saveri, whose artwork is currently on display at the Acuna Hansen Gallery. I absolutely love this series and totally relate to them as real images of Los Angeles. These are things we see every day, but most people don't turn it into beautiful works of art. I wish I had the money to buy this series.






The next image is a painting by Shizu Saldamando, whose work is currently on display at the Guey Smart gallery. You can view more of her beautiful creations at http://www.ShizuSaldamando.com. Her subjects are real people in real environments. I absolutely love her work.


When I first saw the paintings below I thought they were tiny little photographs. They are simply breathtaking, and the one below was my favorite. Unfortunately I can't find which gallery Nolina Burge is associated with, but was able to find some information on her at www.ArtNet.com.


Ana Serrano's work also stood out to me. The piece below was about 3' tall 2' wide. It definitely captures the feeling I have of LA living. Ana's work is also featured in the Guey Smart gallery. Unfortunately I am unable to find a website for her to link here.




1 comment:

Linda S. Socha said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing
Linda