Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Germs


I haven't been shooting as frequently as usual because I've been waking up at 5am to get to a day job, but have many, many exciting shows coming up in the near future. For now I'm going to be posting some of my older photos. Hopefully I'll be landing a permanent position sometime in the near future so I can move into the city and get rid of the hellish 3 hour daily commute - freeing up my time to get to more shows!

Since the Germs reformed I shot pretty much every show they've played within an hour of Hollywood. The photo above will be used by the El Rey in Los Angeles for giant posters promoting the Germs upcoming show on July 16. If you happen to see one of these posters, please try to snap a photo and send it to me. And if you live there you should be making plans to go to see them!

The Germs are heading out June 12 for a month long US tour with Krum Bums and will be playing Ottobar on July 4th! I'll be there snapping away! All show dates can be found on MySpace.

Be sure to check out What We Do is Secret. The band worked very closely with the cast and crew to be sure that their story was told accurately. More information about it can be found at: New York Times and can be purchased on Amazon. The movie was very well done. I absolutely LOVED it... and not just because I got photo credit. ; )

No comments: