Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hurrell-Style Shoot with Model WEDNESDAY MOURNING






I recently joined Model Mayhem, a networking site for photographers, models, make-up artists, hair dressers, and stylists, with the hope of expanding my portfolio by working with some models.

Wednesday Mourning caught my eye because of her unique look and amazing photos. I asked if she'd be interested in doing some Hurrell-style photos. Luckily for me she was!

I didn't realize what an experienced, professional, and amazing model I would be working with. She did her own styling and make-up and has a lovely personality. The shoot lasted about 2 hours and went smoothly. I had a great time and am thankful to have had such a great first-time shoot with a model. I'm thrilled with the images, and even more thrilled that she liked some of them enough to use on her WEBSITE , MYSPACE, and LIVE JOURNAL.

Some notable work of hers includes being the model of American Photo magazine's 2008 image of the year (photo by Chris Anthony), regular appearances in Gothic Beauty magazine, modeling for Lip Service clothing, and appearing on the CD cover of My Chemical Romance's Black Parade.

I highly recommend her and hope to have the chance to work with her again sometime.

No comments: